My Movie Adventure


I had a very interesting day this vacation. I did not go on any trip, so there aren't any tropical beach stories or anything like that. I did however, have a very interesting day. The morning was full of...  nothing. I did absolutely nothing in the morning. I sat around and ate breakfast for a while and that was about it, but then my mom and I ran around town for the afternoon.

We originally wanted to go see Mary Poppins Returns because it was the last day it was in theaters. We planned to pick up my dad after his haircut and drive straight there. We then saw that it was also the last day that the second Fantastic Beasts movie would be in theaters. I also wanted to see that. We looked up how long it would be, and if we had time in between each movie. The site we looked at was clearly wrong and it said that the movie was going to be an hour and a half. It. Was. Not. it was more two hours, and by the end of the movie, my mom was getting texts from my dad, and we realized that me never told him that we were going to see Fantastic Beasts. Oops! So we texted him back telling him to use his car and go straight to the movie theater to see Mary Poppins. Mom and I did the same thing and went straight to the next theater.

The next theater had a little snack shack that had food (full meals, popcorn, etc.) that you could eat during the movie. Also, since it was the last day that the movies available it was PACKED!! WE needed to get a ticket (and wait in line), find a seat (and wait for that), and get food (and wait in line). Plus, at this point my dad isn't even in the theater. Yes, it was a mess. We were running late and everything was falling apart, and it was a crazy time.

Finally, my dad got there, he took my place in line so he could pay for food, we got in our seats (which were actually really nice, and chosen by yours truly), and eventually got our food. The movie, which started shortly after my dad got back from ordering, was great. In fact, both movies were really great and I enjoyed watching them and at the end of the day, I was glad that it had been so stressful! 💛

PS Now that I write it down, it doesn't seem so exciting 😂

Comments

Popular Posts