1st Month of 8 Gold

My first month of school was very exciting. We have already talked about many events; one which is coming up soon, and one which has already happened! The Teamwork’s trip was so fun! We went to this camp type place called Teamwork’s. We had a fun-packed day of activities and games! If that was just the first trip we will go on, I can’t wait for the end-of-the-year trips!!! We worked on an 8 Gold Display case for a couple weeks and I was part of the video section. Our idea was to put a QR code to a video of our team. I don’t want to take credit but... it was basically my idea. watch the video here. Let me tell you a little bit about each class:
Math: I’m in honors math, which means harder math, more advanced math. Last year I just had advanced math every 6 days. This year there is more consistency, and more challenges. I think it’s refreshing, and though it is harder, I like it.
History/Social Studies: I think that the subjects this year are interesting. Unlike last year.... *cough cough* geography *cough* is bad *cough*. We learn about Ancient Rome, and other exciting topics.  The class I’m a part of however, is not so exciting. Certain students in my social studies class have been giving me a hard time, and a lot of work. I think I can handle it though, and social studies will be great
Science: We have been doing so many labs, station activities, and group work. The work is generally easy enough, but sometimes a lot of group activity is a bad thing. We are never working by ourselves in science. I think it helps us learn to deal with working with people in our future jobs though, so I guess it’s alright.
Language Arts: LA is tough this year! The writing format changed, the atmosphere in the classroom changed, and the work level changed. I think that 7th grade teachers should be tougher on us, because it was such a dramatic change, that a lot of students’ grades are suffering. One of my goals for this year is to improve my LA grade. I believe it isn’t too much work, just a lot of change. I think that once everyone is used to this class, grades should be flying high! I enjoy ELA, and I like Mr. Pizzuto’s class.
In general, I think 8 Gold will be so much fun this year!
8 Gold has a twitter, and here are some screenshots of a few of the activities we did at team time, and at Teamworks!

PS: I think I wrote a bit too much.

Comments

Popular Posts